This is a completely renovated, two level view townhouse in the very central Fairview neighbourhood. Setting this home apart is its extremely tasteful renovation, extraordinary views, awesome location and outstanding outdoor spaces.
This home has been fully re-designed by its current owners. A minimal, clean build, with great attention to detail creates a calming, organized sense of place. Renovations at a total cost of approximately $150,000 include:
- Hardwood flooring on the main level and lower stairs
- Flattened ceilings with recessed lighting
- New kitchen – custom cabinets and Caesarstone countertops, custom built-in wine rack
- Premium built-in wall heaters
- Blinds throughout
- Programmable individual room temperature controls throughout
- Modern light fixtures throughout
- Closet doors, finishing carpentry, and closet organizers throughout
- Ceiling speakers roughed in/ wired
- New separate laundry room
- Security system
- New bathrooms throughout (2 en-suite + 1 powder room) – custom cabinets, sinks, tub/shower, lighting – rain-shower in master
- In-floor radiant heating in bathrooms
- Glass stairway partitions
- New hardware including hand rails, etc.
- Custom paintwork throughout
An exceptional layout, this home has exposure to the north and to the south, and occupies a space that enters directly off the street, extending up two more levels with nobody above. This ensures excellent light, air/ atmosphere, and privacy.
Inside you’ll find a very open plan lower level with plenty of space, ideal for entertaining. A large kitchen features a south facing bay window occupied below by clever custom millwork. An attached island/ return creates a distinct boundary to the kitchen while keeping the area open.
Adjacent the kitchen is a large living room area, complete with an ultra-modern linear fireplace built in flush to the wall. This is a house sized living room with enough space for dramatic large scale furniture.
Just off the living room area is the dining room, situated behind the staircase assembly, which provides just the right amount of separation. This is also a large area and a large formal dining room set will fit in nicely. There is flexibility to setup the dining room adjacent the kitchen and extend the living room to the current dining room area.
The first of two outdoor space is located just off the living room/ dining room areas with great views to the north. This is a wide and deep space, ideal for the barbeque (natural gas hookup on this patio) and/ or an extension of the living room into the outdoors. From this lower deck you have extraordinary views of the city, the mountains and the ocean.
One level up you’ll find two bedrooms, each with ensuite bathrooms. Laundry is also located on this level.
The master bedroom faces north with those expansive panoramic views of the city, ocean and mountains. This is one of the largest bedrooms we’ve seen in a townhouse and there is a very large closet running the entire eastern wall of the space. A very nicely appointed en-suite bathroom with a large walk-in seamless glass shower is well scaled to the master bedroom.
The second bedroom is at the southern end of the townhouse with large windows that beam in direct sunlight throughout the day. This is also a large bedroom for a townhouse, with a very smart, nicely renovated en-suite bathroom.
The current owners took care to design and have built a separate laundry room just off the hall. This space allows for a full-sized stacking front loading set, with enough room to spare to contain all the necessities to keep this home in top condition.
A staircase leads from the second level to a large rooftop deck. Here you have stunning views of the city, ocean, and the mountains in the distance. These are the views the area is noted for, this specific vantage a prime example.
Light is abundant up here with direct sunlight from morning to evening. The aspect is interesting with lots to see, being on the top of the building, with the landscape sloping dramatically to the north - a fantastic space for entertaining and enjoying the fireworks.
The neighbourhood is well established and provides just about everything you need within walking distance:
- Walking distance to the shops and services on West 4th, including the 5th Avenue Cinemas.
- 5 minute walk to the seawall with easy access to Kits beach and the Olympic Village
- 5 minute walk to Granville Island, excellent gourmet food shopping
- 20 minute walk to downtown
- 1 block away from Granville Street with 6 different bus routes that travel over the Granville Bridge to downtown
- Less than 5 minute walk to Granville & Broadway for easy access to UBC and East Van via the 99 B line and the future Skytrain extension
- One block to the 7th Avenue bike route
The current owners report that the strata is pro-active and responsive and the building has a very high contingency fund. They also describe a neighbourhood feeling to the building, with many long term owners that care about the community.
The building is well maintained and does have a depreciation report. Rain-screening was completed in 2015 including:
- All new premium fibreglass windows and patio/deck doors
- Gas fireplace
- Gas bbq hookup on lower deck
- New cedar decks, balcony glass and railings, flashings
- All new stucco throughout the complex
Rentals are allowed as are pets. There is one secure parking space included in the underground. Additional parking spaces are available for rent from the strata for only $20/ month. There are also large storage lockers available to rent.
An extremely tasteful renovation, a great layout, extraordinary views, an awesome location and over 400 square feet of outstanding outdoor space sets this home apart.
Come see us at our open houses or contact us for a private viewing.
|Address||1367 W 8th Avenue|
|Type of Dwelling||Townhouse|
|Floor Area||1,411 Sq. Ft.|